Innovation Award for Geophysics
Article 1: Rules and Regulations
Statute of the Innovation Award in Geophysics describes the application and filtration
procedure as well as judging and rating the candidates. The nomination for this award
is open to all researchers, academics and working groups in the areas of Applied Geophysics.
The application file covering the idea, the research, reviews by knowledgeable referees
in the research area, and/or its application should be based on the Articles 2 and
3 of the Statute. This Award is linked to the International Conference on Geophysics
and Engineering, which is being held every two years and organized by the United Arab
Emirates University and Al Ain Municipality.
Article 2: Application Procedure
The following conditions govern applications for Innovation Award for Geophysics:
- Applicants to the Innovation Award must participate in the scientific program of the
International Conference on Engineering Geophysics (ICEG).
- The applicant should submit his/her innovative concept in the form of a high quality
scientific paper prior to the conference for the purpose of evaluation by the Committee
of competent and recognized experts.
- The applicant must provide to the Evaluation Committee letters from two scientific
or specialist (referee format) supporting the candidate’s submission.
- The applicant is to provide his/her Curriculum Vitae to the scientific committee.
- The applicant must provide the Committee with a list of the published scientific research
related to the innovative concept or discovery
Article 3: Evaluation Committee
The nominated Evaluation Committee of internationally competent experts will base
its selection on the following points:
- The Committee shall select the relevant topics among the applicants who have completed
their files in line with Article 2. The Committee will also seek the anonymous opinion(s)
of known international expert(s).
- The Committee will select the best five innovative concepts or discoveries based on
the evaluations of recognized experts in the particular field of the submission and
- The Committee shall judge the selected five finalists’ submissions during a special
prize oral session held before the opening ceremony of the conference.
- The committee will select the top three submissions based on the application, journal
quality paper, and oral presentation.
- The Evaluation Committee will submit recommendations that will consist of rank order
designations with a 100 to 250 word summary of each work and its significance to the
science and profession to the Higher Award Steering Committee.
Article 4: The terms and rules of Application
The Evaluation Committee will accept the applications based on the following points:
- The idea must be creative and unique to the applicant (with an innovative character).
- It should have a scientific and practical impact and significance.
- The idea should be well development with a solid quantitative basis.
- It should have a direct and immediate application and practical impact.
- It should have wide application and impact.
- It should have a far reaching and effective applicability well into the future.
Article 5: Award Categories
- First Category: The amount of the award to the winner of the first prize is of US $ 10,000 (Ten thousand
- Second Category: The amount of the award to the winner of the second prize is of US $ 7,000 (Seven
thousand US dollars)
- Third Category: the amount of the award to the winner of the third prize is of $ 5,000 (Five thousand
Application and Proposal should be submitted by e-mail to the Award committee